Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Off to Japan


Today my best friend, Sarah, leaves for Japan for a few months. Which is bitter-sweet for her, because she will be with her family (who are stationed over there), but she will be away from her finace', Jonathan, and ME (ha - and her friends!). So tonight I got to spend some extra special time with her! Sarah, is the BEST! She is my reality check. She is my if you are going to dish the sarcasim you are going to take it. She tells me like it is. She is HILARIOUS (even if Jonathan said she isn't funny, she really is) she always knows where to place the humor in serious situations/converstations. She is my, if I feel like being REAL & HONEST and saying what is on my mind, she will listen without judging me or lecturing me. I honestly can say I don't know what I would do without her.

The plus about her leaving - the ONLY plus - is that she always brings back these AWESOME candies from Japan. Stuff you can't find in the US. So I am looking forward to that. Its always fun to experiment with food. I know how much she cherishes this time with her family, and though she maybe bummed about leaving the states for Christmas, she gets to be with her family. And that is the most important thing about the holidays (besides of course celebrating the birth of our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ). So I am trying not to be so sad about her leaving. If I have a problem or an issue, there is the wonderful world of e-mail. Thank you, God, for e-mail.
Last night after dinner and exchanging Christmas gifts, we went to see Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe. OMG - what an AMAZING movie. I think it is going to be really closely ranked with LOTR. WOW. And, thank goodness I went with Sarah, because she put up with my...omg, this is so exciting...and my gasping...edge of the seat thrill about this movie. She is special to put up with me.
I just finished reading the book, I grew up watching the cartoon version of the movie, but it has been SO long. It was nice to be refreshed on the story. OMG. It was GREAT! All of the symbolism between C.S. Lewis's book and Scripture is AMAZING - and I was really glad to see that the movie was real to that.

I just wanted to say, that I love my Sarah! And maybe...hopefully, I will be able to go to Japan in February with Jonathan to visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home