Sunday, November 27, 2005

Liquid Diet

Tuesday I get to embark on yet ANOTHER medical test, a pill cam. This will make test number 10 (thats not counting lab work!). The pill cam, is a small camera, in which is placed into a pill that I will be swallowing and taking pictures of the inside of my small intestine! That is the only part of my digestive system that the doctors haven't looking INSIDE of! I will then have a pack attached to me, as well as some other stuff - I'm not really sure of all the correct terms, forgive me!


So for this test, I am on yet another LIQUID diet, starting tomorrow after lunch! It isn't the test that I mind so much. It is the strict diet they put me on. I really really love food. I mean, I just like to eat. I'm not a "big" girl, never have been. I just love food, and all kinds. So for someone to tell me that all I can have is broth, jello (except no red, blue, orange or purple), popsicles, gatorade (which I drink like a camel now and I hate gatorade its as I like to call it "watered down fruit juice"), and a other select items. I'm not a happy camper about that AT ALL! I have to admit that I was pretty whiney while in the hospital, because of all the tests they kept running, I wasn't allowed to eat. And when I don't eat I get a headache, and the longer I wait to eat the worse the headache gets! The more whiney I get! I feel really sorry for my parents, who were absolutly wonderful, for putting up with me. Getting poked by needles (which i am terrified of), the lack of food, and the drugs that were making me completly LOOPY! So tomorrow I am going to eat an absolutly WONDERFUL lunch, one that I can enjoy, because I won't be able to enjoy anything else until the next day! DARN TEST!!


Not only is test number 10 going to cost me, more money, the Endoscopy department recommend/requested that I wear a jogging suit, sweats, etc. for the test. You see the equipment will be administered to me at 7 a.m. on Tuesday morning at the hospital, then I will be able to go along with a normal day and then return to the hospital at 3 p.m. The thing is the Staff Christmas Party is this week, Thursday, and to go about a normal day - especially Tuesday - I need to be at work. So being the shopaholic that I am, and addicted to looking good and presenting myself well, I went out to buy clothing for this test. I don't really own any "sweats" that would be appropiate for work. Much less have I bought tennis shoes since high school! Why buy a pair of tennis shoes when I could have some cute kitten heels, boots, or stillettos? Since Friday I have been looking for tennis shoes that I liked. Why do I have to be so darn picky? And why are tennis shoes so expensive?! I didn't find anything I was thrilled about, surprised? I did find this cute shoes, that were kinda like dress tennis shoes at Nine West, and this fleece jacket and matching pants at Nike. I was still unsure, so today after church I went back up to the mall to make a quick trip to pick those two items up! They didn't have me size at Nike, so I ended up buying another cute matching jacket and pants at Foot Locker. Then I headed over to Nine West to pick up those adorable black shoes, once again they didn't have my size. So I found my self at another shoe store, and found some matching pink Pumas for my cute outfit. So this outfit, for this STUPID test, cost me about $90.00. All I've got to say, is they BETTER find out what's wrong with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home