Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Slip & Fall


I have always been somewhat of a clutz. Ask anyone. For example, just last month I slipped and fell down the stairs at work. It was a wonderful tumble, that left a very attractive bruise on my left leg. My being a clutz isn't just limted to slipping, tripping, or falling; it also includes spilling things as well. For example, before Kyle and I started dating, we had been great friends, and I had been to the Mahr household countless times. Then of course the first time I went to their house once we had begun dating, we had picked up lunch and brought it back home. And of course I picked up my drink, and it was just like it never was attached to my hand. Just dropped it like that.
So tonight was one of those really embarrasing moments. It not only involved falling but liquid as well. I had to run up to Concord Mills (the redneck mall of them all in the area) to pick-up a Harry Potter movie ticket for the midnight showing and a birthday gift for Kim, my boss' wife, I also decided to look for a GREAT dress for my upcoming staff party. The dress at Banana Republic that I thought was the one, wasn't. Then I made my way over to Bath & Body Works to pickup Kim's birthday present. I was on my way to the theatre and was thikning of what stores I would be passing on the way to look for a dress. When all the sudden I slipped and fell. But it wasn't one of those slip, and find a bit of grace stumbles, oh no...it was much worse than that. It was one you couldn't recover from with grace - it was one of those head over heals type of falls. This wonderful gay black guy, employee at the Perfume store, ran over to me to make sure I was okay. OMG! Then I had to fill out an accident report. Could any of that been more embarrassing? I think not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home