Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Torn Dollar


There is a half of a dollar bill in my coach wallet. Though I may not be able to buy a Coca-Cola with that dollar bill, it is not worth anything to anyone but me. The other half is in another wallet with the words from my heart written upon them with a Sharpie. Just as does the dollar bill in my wallet except they aren't my words written upon it. That bill is the promise that I hold close to my heart, it is something that is worth more than any dollar bill more than anything that could be bought with money. That half of a dollar bill is my hope, a promise for something that may happen, that is my heart's desire. It is the symbol of my obedience to God. There is nothing else I would rather carry with me every single day in my wallet until that dollar bill is whole again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home