Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Summer Recap!

I realize its been a long time since I have any sort of post on my blog. Opps. Life has been rather busy and insanely crazy. Such is life, right? So let me recap the past few months for you guys.
Spring was beautiful in North Carolina, it brought about some wonderful changes for the summer. :) As the fall season began, other changes began as well.
No need to go into detail that is all that anyone needs know.

It was a wonderful summer, I had my 21st birthday (in which I celebrated at Mickey & Mooches with my family and Kyle)then my brother graduated a few days to kick it off the summer.

Memorial Day weekend brought along interesting fun. Kyle and I went out onto the lake on the waverunner - to meet up with the group - we ended up not being able to find everyone. Then on the way to FINALLY figuring out where we were going we ran out of gas. Of course! Overall a fun and interesting day.

About a week or two later I OFFICIALLY started my new position, I am absolutly loving my job as Pastor Jack's assistant. It is wonderful, and such a multidimensional job, I get challenged and get to do so much stuff that I love.

I headed off to Panama City about 2 weeks after I started my position, to attend Michaela's wedding. Which was a lot of fun, but it is always interesting to go down there to visit. Everytime I go back to PC, I just miss home (in North Carolina). I have never been one to get homesick (EVER!), but it seems like I realize that PC isn't me anymore. Oh well, that is just fine with me! Really!!

Of course the summer continued with 4th of July fun...missed the fireworks, but that got made up for 2 months later (sweetness!). I worked on my tan (ha!) by spending time out on the lake. It really is just fun to spend time with the people you love.

At the end of July brought upon Kyle's 21st birthday. In which I got the wonderful honor of celebrating at Mickey & Mooch with him and his family. It turned out to be a very memoriable evening that I was so blessed to share with them. Despite the odd "movie" we watched. A few days later, I threw Kyle a surpise birthday party--which was worth all the "lying and scheming" when he arrived at Red Rocks that evening, the look on his face was priceless. He was very surpised and stopped trusting me when he would ask me what i was doing and my answer was "running errands". Ha!

The following weekend was the well deserved "mini" vacation to my grandparents place in Edisto Island, SC with Kyle and Kit & Melanie. It was full of fun times and lots of good memories (to see pictures from this trip visit www.jmalone.photosite.com). On the ride to what my MawMaw calls "somewhere between paradise and heaven", almost cut off from the rest of the world. We experienced Melanie's "SCOOT SCOOT TEST!" and what started "I think we need to turn around." The beach couldn't have been more relaxing. Spades at night, and "renigging". A wonderful day at the beautiful city of Chareston - the downpour, the aquarium, downtown, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on the IMAX big screen. Then there was more beach time, while Kyle tried to learn how to surf. Lots of Subway for lunch. The best morning of my life thus far. And of course the infamous "I DON'T WANNA GO TO WENDY'S". Like I said it was an absolutly wonderful trip.

August continued with more days out on the lake, movies and the usual summer days. Labor Day weekend was a weekend at Garden City, SC with the Mahr family. I had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with Mahr family, including Kyle's brother Jason, his absolutly adorable wife, Angel, and their two precious kids. We kicked off the long weekend with a bit of time at the Cabarrus County Courthouse - due to an ticket Kyle had received with an earlier summer adventure. It was a fun weekend full of sun and sand (with my VERY expensive swimsuit I bought just for that trip), more "surfing", another waverunner adventure, and a crazy game called Phase 10 (in which we never finished). Our last day at the beach included my jelly fish sting (which stayed with me more than a week afterthe sting) and soaking the ocean for hours - which led to my sunburn.

With the returning to work from that wonderful Labor Day weekend, ended the summer of 2005. Fall has offially sent it, but that doesn't mean the fun has to stop! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home