Friday, November 19, 2004

At a cross road.....


"Patience"
by Sarah Ferguson

Currently....well lately....I feel as though I am torn in two directions, at the fork in the road. At this time, either direction will mean making a decision that will be of some significance. Neither choice is giving me a clear glimpse of what lies ahead nor do I know which is right for this very moment. I assume if I knew either one of those then I wouldn't find myself where I am today. I have been continually praying for guidance and direction concerning him, but I always find myself right back to where I am. To wait or to go on without him. Neither choice is promising a better position than the other, nor a better tomorrow; yet anything is better than where I am today. For once I don't doubt the words he has said to me, what a surprise for someone such as myself who's trust in others is always questioned. I don't believe that he has thrown his words around.
Though I find it humorous how things work out; you find something you are interested in you and the feelings are mutual but the timing is all wrong. Why do things happen like that? Am I the only one?

Inside I always knew you were worth the wait
You always reassured me of where you stood
Reminding me that now was not the time
The words you spoke always were my peace of mind
Yet somewhere in the midst of patience I lost my way
Caught between what I feel for you and what is right
It is hard to know what the future holds
If this wait is nothing more than a girl standing at a dead end
Or a stop sign along the great journey with the road prepared for us both
I put my trust in God
Knowing only He holds the key
My hope is grounded in His perfect plan for me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home