Sunday, October 03, 2004

Life is full of surprises

Something unexpected in my life
but it was something in Your plan, so I invite it in.
Unsure of what the future holds I cling to Your promise


God has such an awesome plan. Just a month ago I was miserable due a situation beyond my control. Then I realized I deserved better. That I have friends who love and appreciate me. That I have beyond awesome friends, who I should be investing my time and energy into.Then life threw me a curve ball, something completly unexpected and yet if it hadn't of been for the recent pain (though that does make me put up some guard to protect myself), I don't think I would have been open to this new change. Though nothing is certian. Nothing set in stone, I know no matter what God is going to bless this situation as long as I continue to bathe it in prayer and seek His face. A strong Christian friend of mine once said "I want to be with someone who when I am in church that they arent a distraction but an encouragement to seek God's face in worship."
I know God has a plan and I'm trusting Him. Everytime I think about what the future holds I just pray about it. I don't try to focus on what I want or think is right, I only want God's will and so I pray about it. That is the only way I am going to handle this! :)
Ya know....I watched the movie "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" tonight. Strange. Good. And yet despite how weird of a movie it was I learned something from it. That as much as you may want to erase pain, erase a person from your life....you are also risking erasing happiness and great memories. And that pain that hurts so much, that you would do anything to erase it teaches you something. That later down the road you can take that pain, the hurt and apply it to something that will end up to be amazing. And as much as you dont want to be hurt again in the future it is that feeling of being a scared little kid all over again....I hate that feel. But there is going to be that one time when that scared feeling going to be all worth it!
God is so awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home