Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Sunshine!


I know recently I haven't been myself, but for everyone out there: I AM BACK! "The sun is shining and this road keeps winding....my troubles behind me....I'm alive and I'm free who wouldn't want to be me!" -Keith Urban (don't want to get charged with plagerism. ha! CCC joke!)

I have realized how lucky I am to have such wonderful people around me (you know who you are!) I love you all so much and am so thankful to have those people around when I truly needed them! Rain falls. But sometimes you need the storm in your life to wipe out the things that are unneeded in life. For example...Waves, when the tide comes up it washes away all the broken shells upon the shore and when the tide goes down it leaves a brand new bunch of whole shells to be collected, and unfortunitly some that will end up broken. But without the tide and the waves all that would be washed up on the shore is broken shells and who wants to collect just broken shells? Don't get me wrong, broken is beautiful, but God makes us whole.

Two weeks ago while doing the bulletin for church and answering the phones I wrote down my random thoughts on friendship. Like I said these are random thoughts nothing structured just what came to mind, then I just transferred the scrap pieces of paper into my book (my journal). I would like to share with you what I came up with. Its nothing poetic just words.


September 9th, 2004
It is not an obligation
but it is a commitment
It is compromise
but it is also knowing when to stand your ground
Loving inspite of our differences
and because of our differences
It is finding understanding
even within the midst of disagreements
It is not a contract
but it can be broken
It is a respect of space
but knowing when to be there
It is about trust
but growing in failure
It is about going the extra mile
but realizing its the little things that matter most
It is about sharing wisdom
and know when silence is golden
It is not about how long you've known each other
but how much you've been through together
It is knowing when to help out
but also knowing when the battle is for one
It is comfort
It is not a lack of compassion
It is guidance with grace
but knowing when to use tough love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home