Saturday, October 16, 2004

Inspiration

in·spi·ra·tion
1 a : a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation
b : the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions
c : the act of influencing or suggesting opinions
2 : the act of drawing in; specifically : the drawing of air into the lungs
3 a : the quality or state of being inspired b : something that is inspired

in·spire

1 a : to influence, move, or guide by divine or supernatural inspiration
b : to exert an animating, enlivening, or exalting influence on
c : to spur on : IMPEL, MOTIVATE
d : AFFECT

Inspiration comes to us daily, in many forms. Except as we grow older we unforunitly (and uncessarily) become more cynical; therefore we become blind to the things in our life that have the potential to inspire us. How is it that the child-like faith is easily forgotten but oh so coveted by anyone beyond the age of innocence.
One of the things I try to go in my life is skip the ordinary and strive for extraordinary. Except some how I always tend to fall into that groove of the norm--at least by my own definition. Why is that? Over the weekend on the back of a shirt I created an acronym of the word orginal:
Oringal
Real
Intelligent
Good
Irregular
Nonconformist
Amazing
Live out loud

I challenge and ask anyone who is reading this to inspire me. Leave me something that will turn the wheels of my mind and as the common phrase goes "think outside of the box".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home