Monday, October 11, 2004

Road Less Traveled

I have come to this one realization: Nothing is as it seems.

Even when things right....okay maybe not seem right, but feel right.....wait seems as though they are going in a positive direction. They aren't always. Not saying that things have gone in a negative direction just not what I expected, though this whole thing wasn't on my agenda of things to happen. Everything that has happened to me in the past month or so has kind of been a winding road. Actually my whole life since I have moved here. Okay, back to what I was saying....Why does it seem that things--good or bad--in my life become so complicated? Well don't take this wrong, things aren't dramatic or complicated at the moment. Actually, and rather suprisingly things are just how they need to be. Go figure. Which is great, really great. Absolutly! No complaints. I know all things work for the good of God's glory and in His plan. Its as though when life takes one sharp turn there is just another around the corner and I have realized that though the 2nd sharp turn was most unexpected, it was as though I'm speeding down this road it sharp turns to the left without any road sign, (though that first sharp turn to the left was the least of what I expected) but that second sharp curve it rounded out nicely, where it could have ended rather distatrously. Though the poem by Robert Frost has become somewhat of a cliche 'the road less traveled' it some how hits at home with me today.

Road Less Traveled

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth
Then took the other as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
I doubted if I should ever come back
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference
-Robert Frost

So as complicated as all of that may sound it makes sense to me. And isn't what this whole thing is about? For me to vent and complain....and then realize that everything is okay at the end. Around every corner there is another surprise, and though the road maybe bumpy and there are ogars along the way (I'm not calling anyone in this recent 'road bump' aka situation an ogar--he is the furthest thing from that, I am just making a point) prince charming is at the end of that road on his white horse waiting to sweep me off my feet. (Okay I'll admit it I am a hopeless romantic, what do expect?!) Usually their are road signs along the way, to warn you of danger ahead, sometimes they just aren't there. Sorry that didn't end very poetically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home